A year of study in Israel is an incredible opportunity; it is a year where you can focus your commitment and love for Torah and Eretz Yisrael.
Mizrachi Canada understands that your dedication to these values for a full year ultimately strengthens our community. Those who decide to make the step towards Aliya to Israel are the Mizrachi community’s investment in the State of Israel and become our emissaries there, while those who return to Toronto return with a stronger sense of mission and understanding of the ideals that our community holds dear – Am Yisrael, Eretz Yisrael and Torat Yisrael. It is therefore paramount for Mizrachi Canada to help support our students, to take part in programs, Yeshivot and Midrashot that instill these ideals. These goals guide us in our decision to once again award scholarships to our community.
To be eligible for a Mizrachi scholarship you must be careful to comply with all of the following guidelines:
1. The Mizrachi Canada scholarships are generally available only to students who will be studying in Israel for a minimum of 10 months after their final year of high school.
You must have been accepted for a year of study in Israel at a post high school level institution.
You must submit the following documents:
- A letter of recommendation from a member of your current school’s administration.
- A letter of acceptance from the school in Israel. (If not available at the time of application, this must be submitted before the scholarship is awarded).
- A completed Mizrachi Scholarship application.
- A completed and signed waiver to allow us to gather financial information from your current high-school.
The application process for the year 2017/1018 starts in March 2017 and the deadline for submission of all of these materials (with the sole exception of the letter of acceptance from the institution in Israel) is: June 1st, 2017
Scholarships for 2017/18 are now closed
All Decisions will me made by the end of June 2017.
During the fall months of your year in Israel, you will be asked to obtain a written confirmation of attendance from your program in Israel. All Scholarships will be paid directly from Mizrachi to the respective schools in Israel, only after we receive the written confirmation.
PLEASE NOTE – While Mizrachi has made it a priority to offer financial assistance to those students who wish to study in Torah Educational institutions in Israel, funding is limited and we encourage you to apply for other grants including a MASA Israel grant, available at www.MASAisrael.org.
We extend to you our best wishes for a year filled with wonderful experiences and success in your ongoing pursuit of Torah knowledge.