© 2024 All rights reserved
HELP ISRAEL DURING A CRISIS
BY BEING READY TO MOBILIZE
WHAT IS MOVIL?
MOVIL (Mizrachi Operational Volunteers: Israel Lifeline) is a community-based initiative to effectively coordinate and mobilize the appropriate and necessary aid to Israel during times of crisis. We believe that a prepared, intentional, and coordinated Diaspora effort is critical to provide physical and spiritual aid to Israel during an emergency.
Israel is currently under attack. Our family, friends, and the nation of Israel is suffering with constant rocket fire. Living in fear and with the constant need to run into bomb shelters, or worse – having properties destroyed, severe injuries, and even casualties. Although we might not be in Israel, Jews are hurting in Eretz Yisrael and around the world, and it is our duty to be there for each other during this time.
Grassroots efforts initiated during emergencies often fail to meet the needs on the ground. During the 2014 Gaza operation, well-intentioned people sent thousands of pizzas to soldiers, not knowing that their necessities were not being provided. A central network is needed to know what supplies are necessary and where to send them, and to swiftly organize item collections, local rallies, prayer gatherings, and anything else that arises. MOVIL, with the help of our volunteers, will set up the infrastructure, and will be this network.
WHAT IS NEEDED?
We are seeking all types of volunteers with a wide range of skills to direct the following efforts:
- Advocacy (learn the tools on how to advocate for Israel on social media)
- Moral Support (local projects to provide support for people in Israel)
- Financial Support (fundraising projects)
- Material Support (engage items in need for soldiers or families in Israel)
- Special Projects Directed to Support Families and Soldiers in Israel
- Local Community Activism (counter-protests, rallies, letter writing to members of parliament)
Please fill out our form below and indicate which fields you would like to be involved in as well as what expertise you can bring to the group.