© 2020 All rights reserved
THE TIME TO ACT IS NOW
EMERGENCY APPEAL FOR ISRAEL'S COMMUNITIES IN THE SOUTH
Israel Needs Your Help. NOW.
Help the Communities of Shaar HaNegev and Ramat HaNegev
Mizrachi Canada has direct contact with the community of Shaar HaNegev and Ramat HaNegev and they have requested our assistance during this dire situation.
Families are fleeing their homes and relocating to new areas without their belongings.
Donate today, and your funds will be directed to:
- Assisting families in evacuating the region and providing them with safe accommodations in different areas of the country.
- Providing essential necessities for the families
- Working with local task forces and security teams to provide them the necessary equipment
URGENT APPEAL FOR FUNDING OF MEDICAL SUPPLIES
Join us in making a difference by sponsoring crucial medical supplies for the brave soldiers defending our nation. Your generous donations will provide these heroes on the front lines with the essential tools they need to protect our nation and country. Every contribution counts, and together, we can ensure our soldiers receive the care they deserve.
Every family in Israel is going through a very difficult time right now.
- Call people you know in Israel – don’t just text, give them a call.
- Have a zoom call with children you know staying at home, distracting them for a few minutes and giving their parents (especially those on their own) can go a long way.
- You can send dinner to your family and friends in Israel, giving them one less thing to worry about, and something special in a dark time.
- Sit down with your family and write a letter to a chayal or family that has been affected – you can email your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be distributed directly.
VOLUNTEER MEDICAL PERSONNEL
OFFICIAL HEALTH MINISTRY REQUEST FOR MEDICAL PERSONNEL FROM ABROAD
In light of the ongoing situation in Israel, the Israeli Ministry of Health is building a list of medical personnel from abroad to volunteer in Israel should the need arise.
They asked Yad L’Olim to invite friends of Israel to add their names to our growing community of medical personnel who stand with Israel.
Doctors, nurses, and paramedics licensed abroad can join Medical Volunteers for Israel using the Ministry of Health’s online form, to ensure pre-clearance of medical licenses. https://go.gov.il/volunteersforisrael
You will be contacted if you are needed.
CONNECTING WITH FAMILIES WHO ARE SITTING SHIVA
The significant loss of lives in Israel has been both overwhelming and, unfortunately, underreported, leaving many in mourning. It is vital for the Diaspora Jewish community to extend a comforting embrace and support. Mizrachi Canada is in the process of assembling a roster of families observing shiva. If you wish to “adopt a family” and send them letters or offer your support, kindly complete this form, and we will provide further guidance in due course.
INVITE A FAMILY WHO'S FATHER IS SERVING IN THE IDF FOR SHABBAT DINNER FROM AFAR
Mizrachi Canada is coordinating with a local catering company in Efrat to send Shabbat meals to families who’s husband/father has been called up to serve.
Please consider donating only $77 / per meal, to remove the burden for these wives to cook for Shabbat.
This small act of chessed goes a long way.
Global support is crucial. Canadian Jews need to take a stand in both social and mainstream media.
- Actively call out misleading news coverage.
- Follow and support media outlets sharing the truth, and share your findings with others.
- Create sound bites as responses to social media attacks against Israel and share them with others
- Subscribe to HonestReporting Canada to become part of their team of activists working to ensure fairness for Israel and accuracy in the news media.
Prayer for the Welfare of the State of Israel
Prayer for the Welfare of the Israel Defense Forces
Prayer for the Welfare of Captive Israelis
Write emails to your government representatives. Our elected officials should be bombarded with letters that condemn the barbaric acts of Hamas, and support Israel’s undeniable obligation to uphold the safety and security of its citizens.
- Posting something that gives chizuk (uplifting videos of our soldiers, acts of kindness, support for Israel) instead of terror, will be more helpful at this time.
- Putting an Israeli flag on your home or car will show others our support. Let’s paint our Canadian communities in white and blue!
- Check in often with people you know in Israel.